**We continue our partnership with Markham Medical Clinic, Dr. Lai, and Dr. Kazandji who are located in other offices. By registering with your physician as part of our FHO they can share electronic records, when covering the urgent care and in this way maintain continuity of your medical care.
PLEASE AVOID WALK-IN CLINICS NOT AFFILIATED WITH OUR GROUP.
Registration in our group will entitle you to:
1) Extended hours on evenings and weekends
2) After-hours access to a Telephone Health Advisory Service whose qualified and experienced registered nurses will give you advice or refer you to medical or emergency services if needed.
3) Better and more up-to-date information in your medical record. With your permission, a report of visits and other investigations from members of the Family Health Organization who may provide services to you at our Urgent Care After Hours Clinic will be sent to your family doctor.
Our goal for the Family Health Organization is the opportunity for both Patients and Physicians to benefit from a new range of supportive services that will make it easier to provide accessible, comprehensive primary care to you with an emphasis on prevention.
For us to be successful in this venture we need your support. Please sign the Patient Enrolment and Consent to Release Personal Health Information Form (available in the office). By doing so you agree to come to the Markham Medical Centre Family Health Group first for all non-emergency primary health care. You also give your doctor permission to share appropriate and relevant medical information about you with other health care providers involved in your care. We request that you AVOID THE USE OF WALK IN CLINICS.
Dear medical patients of Markham Heritage Health Clinic,
This is a reminder about our office availability to get the same day access for urgent problems. Our office offers same day urgent visit times for our regular medical patients. Every day from Monday to Friday, we have set aside specific times for same day urgent visits. No regular patient appointments will be booked during these times. Our hope is to provide you with better medical access and eliminate the need for you to visit walk in clinics.
In summary, here is the recommended protocol for booking your medical visits:
1. Call our office first to attempt to schedule an appointment.
2. If your concern is of an urgent nature and there are no more appointments available, you can come to our office during the urgent visit times of that day. Call our office for urgent hours of that day. Please remember that if you just show up to the office for an urgent appointment reason, let the staff know this situation, however it is always better to call first.
3. If our office is closed or we are unable to accommodate you, there are two options:
- If the time is a weekday after 5 pm, or on a weekend, call the Telephone Health Advisory Nurse at 1-866-553-7205 for medical advice.
- Contact our affiliated urgent care site the Markham Medical Centre at 6633 highway #7, suite 214. Please call their office to confirm availability, for their urgent visit times. #905-294-2290.
Please try to NOT USE other walk-in, or urgent care clinics. Keeping all your medical information in one location will enable us to provide better health care for you and your family.
To ensure that this appointment scheduling runs efficiently, please use urgent visit times for only urgent concerns, otherwise this will result in prolonged waiting times. If you have any questions please speak to the receptionist or your doctor.