Dear medical patients of Markham Heritage Health Clinic,
This is a reminder about our office availability to get the same day access for urgent problems. Our office offers same day urgent visit times for our regular medical patients. Every day from Monday to Friday, we have set aside specific times for same day urgent visits. No regular patient appointments will be booked during these times. Our hope is to provide you with better medical access and eliminate the need for you to visit walk in clinics.
In summary, here is the recommended protocol for booking your medical visits:
1. Call our office first to attempt to schedule an appointment.
2. If your concern is of an urgent nature and there are no more appointments available, you can come to our office during the urgent visit times of that day. Call our office for urgent hours of that day. Always call our office to book an urgent care appointment. Urgent care appointments will not be seen on a walk-in basis.
3. If our office is closed or we are unable to accommodate you, there are two options:
- If the time is a weekday after 5 pm, or on a weekend, call the Telephone Health Advisory Nurse at 1-866-553-7205 for medical advice.
- Contact our affiliated urgent care site the Markham Medical Centre at 6633 highway #7, suite 214. Please call their office to confirm availability, for their urgent visit times. #905-294-2290.
Please try to NOT USE other walk-in, or urgent care clinics. Keeping all your medical information in one location will enable us to provide better health care for you and your family.
To ensure that this appointment scheduling runs efficiently, please use urgent visit times for only urgent concerns, otherwise this will result in prolonged waiting times. If you have any questions please speak to the receptionist or your doctor.